Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Boldt Castle . . .

I hadn't been to Boldt Castle in a long time, so I hadn't seen any of the renovations.





There was a really big difference from the last time I saw it; I have dim memories of graffiti, boarded up rooms, broken windows and lots and lots of grime.





This is the pumphouse, where the electricity for the castle was generated. The roof had burned in a fireworks display but it has been fixed and a stone bridge connecting it with the island was erected.




The castle is very dramatic from any angle, but I thought this was a particularly impressive one.





The gardens have been planted in the same style as was originally designed for the castle.



I liked the curved glass of this window. Some of the windows have been paned with plexiglass, but this one got the real treatment.

No comments: