Friday, April 27, 2007

Yahoo!

Well, I've been pretty busy, so I haven't been doing as much doggie school as I'd like the last few days. Last night I got a chance to work with Buddy a little bit and - ta da! - he has gotten the rudiments of "lie down". It will take a little cementing, I'm sure, but he gave me a lie down when I aksed for it. I made a big deal about it and gave him pets and a bit of peanut butter.

We're also working on "out" - as in "out of the kitchen" "out of the bathroom", and on "go outside - out the doggie door". He has definitely gotten the hang of the doggie door. It's pretty cute - he sometimes goes out paw first, but he's getting much more comfortable with the idea of pushing it open with his nose.

The only thing that keeps him from going directly out is his social nature. When he comes out of the crate he wants to say hi, check things out, etc, but I send him straight out as a matter of principal.

Once again, he's under the dog bed in the office. Maybe the closet is too big for a dog used to being in a crate - maybe it's not enough like a den, but for whatever reason, he looks pretty goofy sacked out with the big bed draped over him.

No comments: